Uni POSCA Markers - vivid paint marking for a huge range of uses. Uni POSCA Markers provide vibrant colours for illustrations and hobbies. Water-based pigment ink is lightfast and water-resistant and writes on virtually any surface - yet does not bleed through paper. The wide range of opaque colours cover each other well. Broad fluorescent markers are especially good for outdoor billboards. Writes on glass yet easily scrapes off. Does 'POSCA' mean anything or stand for something? We dunno! - answers on a postcard please. We do know however, that these are brilliant markers with a multitude of uses. See the dedicated POSCA website for news, information and workshops.
Making POSCA Permanent
Some recommendations from Uni on how to make POSCA markers permanent on different surfaces:
- Paper/Card: No action needed - POSCA pigment will be absorbed into the fibres, making it permanent.
- Terracotta: Bake in the oven at 220°C for 45 minutes, then spray with clear varnish.
- Textiles: Iron on the reverse side.
- Porcelain: Bake in oven at 160°C for 45 minutes, optionally spray with clear varnish.
- Metal: Spray with clear varnish.
- Glass: Bake in oven at 160°C for 45 minutes, then spray with clear varnish.
- Wood: Spray with clear varnish.
- Plastic: Spray with clear varnish.
Other POSCA Info
See what happened when the POSCA Freedom to Create tour came to visit Cult Pens!
Miss Wah, our Artist of the Month for September 2013, uses POSCA for her kawaii-styled graffiti art.
The official POSCA Instagram account is full of ideas and photos of what other people are doing with POSCA pens.